Continuous Improvement Engineer
Job Category: Continuous Improvement / Manufacturing
Sauk Rapids, MN, USA
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will work under the guidance of the Operational Excellence Manager and in conjunction with the Production Leadership Team to coordinate improvement opportunities in quality, capacity, lead time, inventory, and safety through lean problem-solving methodologies. This individual with the help of others, will drive continuous improvements in plant operations and help support change and foster cooperation.
- Coordinates process improvement projects and monitors existing and new business process or improvement opportunities in quality, capacity, lead time, inventory, and safety through lean problem-solving methodologies.
- Provide technical assistance to production to promote safety, enhance efficiency, and continuously improve the capacity and product quality.
- Work with production and maintenance teams to drive continuous improvements in plant operations. Support change and foster cooperation.
- Develops and manages multiple processes, long and short-term, sustainable, lead-related visual action plans to key projects implemented.
- Implement capital projects and process improvements.
- Tracks, measure, and reports progress on improvement activities related to business plan, goals, and issues.
- Develops reports on activities and makes presentations to management on the status of initiatives and difficulties.
- Coach, mentor, and work with employees at all levels throughout the company to achieve Operational Excellence.
- Conducts special projects as needed.
Education & Experience:
BS/BA Engineering degree in a technical discipline, preferably Industrial, Quality or Mechanical or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in lieu of a degree.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Continuous Improvement Deployment, TOC, Lean, Six Sigma – Certification
- Must have proficient skills with spreadsheets, email, and Microsoft Office programs
- Project management experience
- Independently manage complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Software.
- Ability to effectively and professionally work under pressure, in a team environment, with frequent changes in deadlines and priorities
- Able to deal effectively with various personality types and cultures
Please send resume or completed application to:
Thermo-Tech Windows LLC
Attn: Human Resources
1120 38th Avenue Northeast
Sauk Rapids Minnesota 56379
Or email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org